Having your website localized is undeniably a great way to expand your international market share and test new products and services in another country. However, researching the wide variety of options and factors to consider can often be overwhelming. One option you may have seen in your research is a Proxy Server Approach, which put simply, is a way to instantly serve localized webpages in any language.
Here are 5 reasons you should consider proxy web localization when translating your website:
- Turn Around Time – More traditional website localization efforts can be a laborious process and often take months to complete, however with a proxy solution you can go-to-market in a month or less.
- Cost Effective – Working with a proxy translation is often the most cost-effective way to localize your website and can also be an effective tool for testing your products/services in a new market. The hidden costs of a more traditional localization process can add up quickly!
- Ease of Implementation – One of the main benefits of translation proxy is the ease of implementation. You only need to manage one website, one content management system, and the proxy takes care of the rest. Very little, if any, involvement is required from your IT department.
- Low Maintenance – Any changes made to your primary site are automatically detected by a crawl and can be translated instantly upon approval. Generally, a quarterly crawl and update is a great way to keep your website up to date and the maintenance costs are low.
- International Appeal – If your organization currently has a global audience, or you think your product or service would do well in an international market then website localization is your secret door to the world. Having your content served to your visitor automatically in their native language is a huge advantage. It sounds obvious, but the studies show time and time again that if a website visitor isn’t reading in their native tongue, they are less likely to convert. And it doesn’t stop there… even among people with high proficiency in English, 65% prefer content in their native language.
If you would like to discuss your localization needs with a dedicated strategist and receive a free customized website localization audit, we at iTi would be happy to discuss if a Proxy Server Website Localization would be a good fit for your needs.
Or check out this related post on the “Localization Guide“