The game industry is one of the fastest growing sectors globally. Video game localization provides you with the tools to reach ever expanding markets and allows you to captivate audiences around the world.
Be it a short game of 10 000 words or an epic adventure of 300 000, localization of a video game provides its own challenges that need to be addressed to ensure that the emotions and feelings are transmitted successfully from one language into another.
What is video game localization?
Video game Localization is the process of adapting a game, its graphics, interface, icons, texts and colors to a specific location or market. It involves testing the integration of the translated text into the game, and quality assurance to ensure graphics and text fits into the interface.
Some of the most important aspects of video game localization are:
- Translation: the translation of the game’s assets and text from one language into another.
- Integration: the integration of the translated assets into the game, adapting and adjusting them to the graphical user interface (GUI), to make sure they are displayed correctly.
- Regional adaptation: the researching of local norms and regulations.
- Quality assurance: testing the quality of the translation and how it integrates into the game.
What are the benefits of video game localization services?The video game industry is an ever-evolving market where it can be hard to stand out. Our video game localization services help you clear the road to reach new audiences. We take into account the difference in cultures to tailor the content to local population and guide you through the process of localizing your game for other markets.Our localization services will help you translate:
What is the process of video game localization?We work closely with the developers and game creators to bring out the best outcome. Our video game localization service is comprised of talented and passionate translators who will guide you through the process of localization which includes:
- Familiarization: the gathering of information about the project, its public objective, space constraints, guidelines and glossary creation, etc.
- Translation: the adaptation of the game into the language objective.
- Integration and testing: the testing of the translation in-game to fix GUI problems, inconsistencies and conflicting translations that may occur.
- Follow up: delivery of the project and follow up for debugging and updating processes.
If you are considering a strategic partner to localize your video game for a new market, please contact us through this form or by calling directly at 860-362-0812. We look forward to discussing your projects needs!
Quality Control Process
We proudly hold a number of quality certifications including ISO 9001:2015 and ASTM F-3130. ISO is an international standard that monitors quality management and continuous improvement. ASTM is a quality certification specific to the language services industry which evaluates the entirety of a business from financial to operational health
Our onboarding process through rigorous linguistic validation is strict and thorough.
- All interpreters and translators sign confidentiality agreements and undergo comprehensive background checks so you can feel secure working with them through any type of discussion or meeting.
- Interpreters and translators are monitored for quality, professionalism, timeliness, and more to ensure our clients receive the highest level of service.
We lead with integrity, adapt to challenges, and follow through with custom solutions. We have the capabilities of a large company with the flexibility of a small one and high standards of service excellence to provide the best language services around.
World Class NPS Score of 75
How do we know this? We survey clients on a daily basis asking the simple question: How likely are you to recommend our services to a friend or colleague?Over two years later, still collecting data, we are proud to sport a Net Promoter Score (NPS) in the range of Starbucks (77) and Amazon (69). We love our clients, and clearly they love working with us, too! What are you waiting for?