Translations: Translations Project Coordinator
Location: Glastonbury, CT | USA
Title: Translations Project Coordinator
Reports to: Translation Department Manager
Department: Operations, Translations
Location: Glastonbury, CT, USA
Reporting to the Translations Department Manager, the Project Coordinator has the main responsibility of constructing and framing all new translation projects so that they may be completed in a timely manner. They will be the main driver for starting new translation projects, organizing client reference information, and assisting in deliveries where needed. The critical element of this position is to display urgency in receiving client requests. They should be developing translation requests accurately and swiftly. This position also lends support for providing outstanding customer service to ensure a NPS score of 70% or greater
A secondary function of this role is to serve as DRI (directly responsible individual) for translation onboarding needs. The Project Coordinator will search for, assess quality, and ultimately recruit, translation vendors for departmental needs.
All functions of this role relate to creating and maintaining iTi Experience for our clients, vendors, employees and partners. This person needs to model and act in accordance with iTi’s mission, vision, and core values at all times.
The following key accountabilities ensure the critical success of this position:
- 60% Ensure that all incoming translation requests are correctly scoped and priced in a timely manner to deliver outstanding customer satisfaction and high quality.
- Manage the translation department inbox and work flow to organize all incoming translation requests that may include translations, transcriptions, IVR, prompts, voice recordings, and/or video subtitling, and/or captioning:
- Confirm reception of client requests.
- Evaluate the project accurately to quote pricing and delivery timeline.
- Upon initial inspection, alert Translations Senior Project Manager of any notable characteristics from client request
- Proactively work with the Translations Department Manager and leadership team to understand ever changing customer needs and plan appropriate changes as required.
- Work diligently and execute any ad hoc requests/walk-ins for translation requests that may come up from time to time.
- Master translation software systems Plunet and MemoQ and ensure that they are used effectively to manage workflow and translation quality.
- 25% Recruit and manage translation vendors to ensure cost effectiveness and quality
- Search for, assess quality, and recruit translation vendors that meet ongoing needs of iTi customers.
- Check for quality, fit, and vendor rates.
- Measure and monitor vendor performance and provide timely feedback to vendors for ongoing enhanced performance
- Complete assessment reviews of potential translation vendors via Plunet and existing translation vendor resource pool.
- Document all vendor pricing and update as required
- Lend assistance in audit preparation for onboarding records.
- 15% Lend assistance to Translations Project Managers
- Archive old reference material where applicable.
- Update information in software used in Translation Department.
- Creation of new client profiles in software system.
- Lend assistance in various departmental side tasks.
Fluent in written and spoken English. Bilingual preferred.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate Degree / bachelor’s degree in business or any related field.
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience (at least 1 year of linguistic industry preferred).
- Experience in schedule management (1 year)
- Strong work ethic and high level of energy.
- Demonstrate accountability, personal integrity, organizational skills and proactive positive attitude while executing ongoing tasks.
- Customer service centric personality.
- Computer savvy and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, prioritization and project management skills.
- Exceptional note taking skills coupled with extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, multi-tasker and a resilient planner.
- Ability to work independently but also as a team Player.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with diverse group of linguists.
- Quick learner and effective negotiator.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a face paced environment sitting in front of a computer for prolonged periods.
- Ability to multi-tasking while interacting on the phone or other electronic devices.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description describes the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. In no way this job description implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their manager/supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws
iTi, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V