Interpreting: Supervisor of Interpreter Services
Reports to: Interpretations Department Manager
Reporting to the Interpretations Department Manager the Supervisor of Interpreter Services has the key responsibility of managing all the coordinators and ensuring that all assignments are assigned and delivered in a timely manner to ensure 100% fill rate
The Supervisor of Interpreter Services will be key in maintaining a strong and productive team environment that always deliver on goals and targets. He/She will be responsible for assisting Interpreting Dept Manager with filling the schedule such that all department key initiatives are accomplished successfully. The Supervisor of Interpreter Services will fill the role of Department manager when the manager is out of the office.
The Supervisor of Interpreter Services will be the key point of contact for all other internal departments and external customers for escalation purposes and will support the efforts driven by the QA/Training and Supplier Resource Coordinators and ensure that it becomes a result driven department.
He/ She will be the key accountable person driving communication between all internal departments, external customers, language interpreters, clients and iTi operations team. This position is also responsible for providing outstanding customer service to ensure an NPS score to exceed iTi standards or customer requested standards.
Another critical function of this role is to create and maintain the iTi Experience for our clients, vendors, employees and partners. This person needs to model and act in accordance with iTi’s mission, vision and core values and drive them across the department at all times.
The following key accountabilities ensure the critical success of this position:
- 80% Lead the coordinators such that all metrics and customer needs are delivered on time with outstanding customer satisfaction.
- Supervise all the coordinators to ensure smooth operations of the team and meeting all internal and external goals and deadlines.
- Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to the Coordinator team to ensure the needs of internal and external clients are timely met
- Conduct weekly and as required, one-on-one meeting with all coordinators to provide feedback, train and help them become more productive and value their job at iTi.
- Be the go-to-person for sales to provide guidance and assist with any internal or external requests and all special project requests.
- Responsible for coordinate all data collection, analysis and publishing results across the department and leadership team.
- Responsible for all project management initiatives and execution of these initiatives.
- Assists management in identifying trends and forecasts future sales
- Review and constantly update department processes and practices to enhance productivity and ensure aligned with company business goals and objectives
- Key responsibility include onboarding of new employees and coaching them to become engrained into iTi culture and become effective in a very short time.
- Create a positive culture across the department so that employee turn-over is kept to the minimum
- Be the eyes and ears of the coordinators in gathering inputs to leverages all software features and efficiencies to maximize customer satisfaction, productivity and profits
- Supports supplier resource and quality assurance Initiatives, as well provides feedback for resource needs.
- As and when required, pre-plan, strategize and focus on assigning interpreters to specific languages and locations where iTi has traditionally not been able to provide linguists with appropriate skills.
- Proactively work with the Interpreting department manager and leadership team to understand upcoming new contracts and ensure that linguists for all forecasted languages are scheduled and ready to be assigned.
- Work diligently and execute any ad hoc requests for linguists from coordinators, sales teams and leadership team etc.
- Facilitate the resolution of escalated risks and issues and follow-up to ensure full remediation.
- 20% Focus on continuous improvement effort to enhance the quality management system and enhancing linguists and client satisfaction
- Lead and contribute to all continuous improvement efforts that include daily and weekly huddles (4DX sessions).
- Lead the data analysis efforts as required and facilitate 4DX sessions as required to continuously learn and improve customer satisfaction and fill rates.
- Continuously strive to improve and document all relevant procedures and work instructions to increase productivity of the operations team.
- Actively participate and support the training and customer satisfaction team to ensure continuous improvement and enhancing client satisfaction efforts.
- Lead, discuss and implement creative and innovative solutions to ensure linguists choose iTi as their top choice for accepting assignments.
- Initiate, develop and maintain exceptional relationships with all linguists to enhance their loyalty to iTi.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate Degree / bachelor’s degree in business or any related field.
- 3 to 5 years of related work experience (at least 1 year of linguistic industry preferred).
- Experience in schedule management (1 year)
- Strong work ethic and high level of energy.
- Demonstrate accountability, personal integrity, organizational skills and proactive positive attitude while executing ongoing tasks.
- Customer service centric personality.
- Computer savvy and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Fluent in written and spoken English. Bilingual preferred.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Progressive experience in any service organizations (3-5 years)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, prioritization and project management skills.
- Exceptional note taking skills coupled with extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently, multi-tasker and a resilient planner.
- Ability to work independently but also as a team Player.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with diverse group of linguists.
- Quick learner and effective negotiator.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a face paced environment sitting in front of a computer for prolonged periods.
- Ability to multi-tasking while interacting on the phone or other electronic devices.
iTi is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V