Sales: Sales Executive – Outside Sales
Location: Glastonbury, CT | USA
Title: Sales Executive – Outside sales
Reports to: Sales Manager
Location: Glastonbury, CT, USA
Reporting to the Sales Manager of the company, the Sales Executive is responsible for growing revenue in the Government segment through the development of the new business while acting as the primary liaison and solutions consultant between iTi and new customers.
This position is responsible for identifying and leading prospects smoothly through the solutions cycle to a successful close. The Sales Executive is responsible for effectively partnering with and coordinating internal iTi resources to meet client needs. He/ She is primarily responsible for achieving sales quota in the assigned strategic territories and segments.
The Sales Executive is responsible for ensuring professional ethics are never compromised and comply with company and regulatory policies and procedures. He/ She should always act with the highest degree of honesty and integrity—models and acts in accordance with iTi’s mission, vision, and core values.
The following vital accountabilities ensure the critical success of this position:
- 75% Responsible for developing new customers (including new users from existing customers) and achieving new customer sales targets within the government segment.
- Lead the assigned market segment strategic planning cycle to ensure new client acquisition targets are delivered consistently.
- Deliver new sales volume targets by developing key market segment tactical execution plans.
- Supports the implementation of sales programs, procedures, methods, and practices to promote iTi’s key messages and achieve a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Ensure that all Strategic Objectives and profitable sales volume are reached in the assigned territory.
- Establish a strong customer relationship across all levels of influence, ensuring the customer sees the Sales Executive as a valued resource and strategic partner.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, operations, and management resources, to meet the onboarding of new customers to ensure expectations are met.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates new customers and new users within existing customers’ needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address new customer’s needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel.
- 15% Responsible for market research and understanding industry and competitor trends within the assigned market segments
- Assess market opportunities, understand the competitive climate within defined markets and market segments to provide appropriate solutions and services.
- Understand customer’s economic and other motivational drivers and customer values for each level of influence.
- Demonstrate industry and market knowledge and implement/execute an engagement model for addressing potential customers in assigned market segments.
- 10% Responsible for learning and personal development to master the art and science of selling and developing new skills/methods to become the best sales executive in the field
- Identify, learn, and practice implementing new skills and sales methodologies for enhancing skills and serving the customer well.
- Master CRM skills to ensure the CRM system has complete information about customers, leads, potential leads, and customer communication information.
- Share market intelligence and contribute to all continuous improvement efforts that include daily and weekly huddles (4DX sessions).
- A total number of new customers acquired in designated segments.
- The total number of new users within some existing customers in the designated segment.
- Total revenue generated from new customers.
- Total revenue generated from new users within existing customers in the designated segment
- Total number of pipeline customers acquired in designated segments.
- Total number of pipeline users within existing customers in the designated segment.
- Meets expectations for profitability goals.
- Achieves strategic customer objectives defined by company management.
- Completes strategic customer Sales plans that meet company standards.
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate Degree/bachelor’s degree in business or any related field.
- Progressive sales experience in any service organizations (1-2 years)
- Experience in Sales management and customer relationships (2+ years)
- Social media and internet research skills highly recommended
Fluent in written and spoken English. Bilingual preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to set up and meet the clients in person regularly.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Innovative thinker who can understand customer needs and translate them into products and services.
- A proactive and responsive individual who is focused on ensuring high customer satisfaction levels.
- Excellent Planning and organizational skills.
- Strategic and futuristic thinker.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with a diverse group of people across diverse industries.
- Quick learner and effective negotiator.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
iTi is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V