Location: Glastonbury, CT | USA
Reports to: VP Sales and People Operations
Reporting to the VP Sales and People Operations, the Administrative Coordinator and Event Planner will be responsible for dual responsibilities that include complete event management and execution and handling all administrative activities for VP Sales and People operations including HR administration support and social media management. Assist with other ad-hoc administrative and project requirements as needed.
As an administrative coordinator, you will be responsible to coordinate and assist the VP of Sales and People Operations to be very productive, managing his/her calendar and support them in every way to ensure efficient management of their time and activities.
As an administrative coordinator, you will be responsible for the overall experience of attendees at the annual events. You will be the key person managing events and will be responsible for vendor coordination and onsite management, the entire event life cycle will be yours to plan and execute. This role will require extreme attention to detail while juggling several different activities at the same time. You’ll be responsible to push the envelope and make the event even more unique and memorable year over year.
The following key accountabilities ensure the critical success of this position:
- 30% Provide outstanding administrative support to the Vice President Sales and People Operations to enhance his/her productivity and effectiveness.
- Timely maintain VPs calendar/email and internal/external events calendar. Schedule and arrange meetings and conferences
- Monitor/manage VP’s email and create follow up and follow through tasks and activities.
- Schedule and set agendas for the VP’s internal and external meetings and take detailed notes to create action items for follow up and follow through.
- Ensure all actions items are scheduled and executed as per the VPs direction and requirements.
- Assist with and facilitate team building activities across the organization
- Assist and coordinate all travel and other accommodations.
- Providing HR administrative assistance and support in hiring talent.
- Coordinate and assist with orientation of new employees.
- Assist with other ad-hoc duties as needed
- 20% Lead and coordinate all speaking engagements for VP of Sales and People Operations.
- Act as the main point of contact for coordinating and scheduling all speaking engagements.
- In conjunction with Marketing and VP, develop a list of potential speaking engagements and proactively reach out and secure speaking engagements throughout the year.
- Closely monitor and plan for events/speaking engagements where the brand should have a presence and ensure all internal and external stakeholders requirements are met.
- Ensure that all speaking engagement logistics and other details are clearly communicated and documented to ensure a smooth execution and deliver value to all stakeholders
- Create and execute 90-day personal branding strategy to ensure maximum exposure
- 20% Social Media Management
- Design and implement social media strategy including the creating and implementation of the monthly editorial calendar with monthly goals, objectives, and initiatives
- Execute all aspects of social media interaction between customers and the company, and ensure a positive customer service experience, including generating, editing, publishing, and sharing engaging content daily.
- Ensure brand consistency in copy through tone, voice and terminology on social media and blog.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Perform social media accounts maintenance (e.g. timeline covers, profile pictures, details and information about brand)
- Report on progress on all platforms by using analytical tools to monitor SEO and Web Traffic metrics ( Google Analytics, SEMRush)
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and events
- 20% Lead Event management campaigns and ensure that events meet all profit and revenue goals.
- As the project manager for the annual events, lead advance planning activities from initial planning through flawless execution of the event while seeking inputs from all stakeholders.
- Manage all administrative work for the event. This may include mass mailings, shipments of collateral materials, photocopying, filing, coordination of meetings and conference rooms, calendar management, creation of reports and high-quality presentations; editing and proofing event collateral and written correspondence; special projects; research of venues, ad hoc requests and other administrative duties as required.
- Ensure ongoing and timely communication with leadership team and all stakeholders to ensure a profitable and smooth execution of the event
- Overseeing production of the annual event, including vendor selection and management, budget tracking, timeline development, project management, and volunteer / team utilization to create a seamless experience for all attendees.
- Liaise with the media, advertising agencies and public relations firms to ensure maximum visibility for the event.
- Stay on top of costs, assist in negotiating new agreements and ensure that quality is always maintained.
- Execute and analyze results of event campaigns and advertisements and share lessons learned
- Execute a rolling 90-day branding strategy to ensure maximum exposure for an increased following and increased event attendees
- 10% Lead all event day activities and ensure flawless execution of the event while ensuring the best experience for all attendees
- Ensure all event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers are present and understand their responsibilities for the event.
- Coordinate and ensure on-site support at events to ensure 100% attendees satisfaction.
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors, and managing takedown.
- Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order.
- Manage all event set-up, tear down and follow-up processes.
- Ensure all receivables are collected and payables paid in a timely manner with proper documentation and approvals.
- Associate or Bachelor degree: Business, computer science, marketing, and/or communications or proven equivalent work experience
- At least 3-5 years experience in business including project management, event management and/or social media/traditional marketing or other related professional services.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors:
- Knowledge of marketing, sales, and business processes
- Strong project management, training, and sales support skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with senior level executives
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with solid business acumen, project management, resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google Analytics, SEMRush a plus
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to lead projects proactively
- Innovative, creative, and out of box thinker, with a logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Credible and articulate, with excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment juggling multiple tasks and projects.
- Experience building processes is preferred
iTi is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V